sabato 20 luglio 2013

                                  ( The Hustler, 1961, R. Rossen)


"(...) now why'd I do it, Sarah? Why'd I do it? I coulda beat that guy, coulda beat'im cold, he never woulda known. But I just hadda show'im. Just hadda shiw thise creeps and those punks what the game is like when it's great, when it's REALLY great. You know, like anything can be great, anything can be great. I don't care, BRICKLAYING can be great, if a guy knows. If he knows what he's doing and why and if he can make it come off. (...) It's a great feeling, boy, it's a real great feeling when you're right and you KNOW you're right. It's like all of sudden I got oil in my arm. The pool cue's part of me. You know, it's uh - pool cue, it's got nerves in it. It's a piece of wood, it's got nerves in it. Feel the roll of those balls, you don't have to look, you just know. You  make shots that nobody's ever made before. I can play that game the way...NOBODY'S ever played it before."

Una delle cose che amo di più della fisicità di un uomo sono le braccia e il modo in cui muove le mani.
Credo che guarderei ininterrottamente questo film solo per guardare Paul Newman e il modo che ha di muoversi.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento